- Strigidae Publishing no longer accepts present-tense submissions. Please note that present-tense used for a flashback or limited stylistic purpose is still acceptable.
Beyond anything listed above, Strigidae Publishing has no content limitations within our genre focus.
- SCIENCE FICTION
- PARANORMAL ROMANCE
- EROTICA sub genre (any of the above genres mixed with erotica, such as horror erotica, erotic fantasy, etc.), should visit our RAVEN’S LIGHT PRESS imprint for submission information.
Do we accept reprints? YES – however we will have a few questions about the title. For more on Reprints, visit our COMMON QUESTIONS page.
Do we accept simultaneous submissions? YES. For more on Simultaneous Submissions, visit our COMMON QUESTIONS page.
All Strigidae Publishing titles are released in the following formats:
- PRINT – typically published at either a 5×8″ or 6×9″ size dependent on manuscript length.
(note: The different publication media for a title are not released at the same time. This allows for individual publicity for each format)
For more on our Publication Formats, visit our COMMON QUESTIONS page.
For more on our Royalties, visit our COMMON QUESTIONS page.
- ONLINE SALES – 50% of the publisher’s gross receipts from online sales of print and electronic versions of the novel are paid to the author (note: novellas are paired for the “SP Double Feature” line of books and the author’s share is divided equally between the two novella authors).
- PHYSICAL SALES – 50% of the publisher’s net receipts from physical sales of print and electronic versions of the novel are paid to the author (note: novellas are paired for the “SP Double Feature” line of books and the author’s share is divided equally between the two novella authors).
- AUDIOBOOK SALES – 50% of the publisher’s net receipts from audiobook sales of the novel are paid to the author (note: novellas are paired for the “SP Double Feature” line of books and the author’s share is divided equally between the two novella authors).
We ask that you include the following for publication submissions:
- A basic letter of introduction. We’re not looking for anything fancy, just to know who you are.
- Previous publications (if any).
- Your work’s genre (horror, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, paranormal romance, or speculative).
- What age your target audience is (adult, teen, preteen).
- A few sentences (up to a paragraph) about your manuscript.
- Your approximate word count (round up to the nearest 1,000 words).
- A one-to-two page synopsis of the book.
- Include a return e-mail address in the body of the e-mail.
- If you prefer, include a Skype ID (including your time zone and a good time to call), or a phone number (again, including your time zone and a good time to call).
Here are the preferred format document settings and required information for submitting all manuscripts (novels / short novels / novellas / novelettes / short stories) to Strigidae Publishing.
- FILE FORMAT: Submit work in RTF, ODT, DOC, or DOCX formats as an attachment. Do not put your submission in the body of the e-mail.
- PAGE MARGINS: 1 inch margins.
- LINE SPACING: Double-spaced.
- SENTENCE SPACING: Single or double-space between sentences
- FONT: 12 point Times New Roman, Courier New, Arial, or equivalent font.
- PARAGRAPH INDENT: Auto-indent new paragraphs. Do not manually indent with spaces or tabs.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Name, address, phone number, Skype ID (if available), phone number, and e-mail address at the top-left of the cover/first page.
- HEADERS / FOOTERS / PAGE NUMBERS: Do not include any headers, footers, or page numbers.
- Submit your manuscript as an e-mail attachment.
That’s it. Beyond this, let your submission speak for itself.