Strigidae Publishing opens calls for themed anthology submissions from time to time. Story lengths will be from 3,000 to 12,000 words with one novelette or short novella acting as an anchor for the project. Please check at the bottom of the page for any open anthology calls.
Our manuscript length definitions are as follows:
- Short Story – 3,000 to 12,000 words (query for shorter)
- Novelette – 12,000 to 25,000 words
- Novella – 25,000 to 60,000 words
- Novel – 60,000 to 120,000 words (query for longer)
We ask that you include the following for publication submissions:
- A basic letter of introduction. We’re not looking for anything fancy, just to know who you are.
- Previous publications (if any).
- Your work’s genre (horror, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, paranormal romance, or speculative).
- What age your target audience is (adult, teen, preteen).
- A few sentences (up to a paragraph) about your manuscript.
- Your approximate word count (round up to the nearest 100 words).
- Include a return e-mail address in the body of the e-mail.
- If you prefer, include a Skype ID (including your time zone and a good time to call), or a phone number (again, including your time zone and a good time to call).
Here are the preferred format document settings and required information for submitting all manuscripts (novels / short novels / novellas / novelettes / short stories) to Strigidae Publishing.
- FILE FORMAT: Submit work in RTF, ODT, DOC, or DOCX formats as an attachment. Do not put your submission in the body of the e-mail.
- PAGE MARGINS: 1 inch margins.
- LINE SPACING: Double-spaced.
- SENTENCE SPACING: Single or double-space between sentences
- FONT: 12 point Times New Roman, Courier New, Arial, or equivalent font.
- PARAGRAPH INDENT: Auto-indent new paragraphs. Do not manually indent with spaces or tabs.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: Name, address, phone number, Skype ID (if available), phone number, and e-mail address at the top-left of the cover/first page.
- HEADERS / FOOTERS / PAGE NUMBERS: Do not include any headers, footers, or page numbers.
- Submit your manuscript as an e-mail attachment.
That’s it. Beyond this, let your submission speak for itself.